- The Mission of the Association is to promote the significant uptake of New Zealand's abundant wind energy resource as a realistic, sustainable and clean energy source.
- All Members of the Association as a continuing condition of membership of the Association agree to support the Association in achieving its mission and undertake to assist it in meeting its objectives.
- Policy advocacy with local and central government officials and elected representatives, regulatory bodies, industry groups and other interested organisations to raise the awareness of, and develop the concept of wind energy in New Zealand;
- Organising seminars, conferences and other promotional and educational events and to distribute information, relating to wind energy in New Zealand;
- Providing a forum for external and internal networking, discussion and co-operation among persons with an interest in the promotion of wind energy in New Zealand;
- Promoting the economic, environmental, social significance and other benefits of wind energy in New Zealand;
- Promoting research and development of wind energy technology in New Zealand.